Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Saying goodbye is hard to do -- Jack's last post

 

Hello everyone,

This is going to be my last month working at the Children’s Advocacy Center and my last blog.  I have been here with my mom, Toni, since I was two months old and I am 5 years old now.  My birthday is July 4th and my mom tells me there is a parade in my honor on that day.  I think she is just kidding because I know the 4th of July has a very important meaning to all of us who live in America. Mom says I am special too, not only to her, but to the kids we see here at CAC and I deserve a parade!

I have met lots of children, teens and their families over the years.  I like to think that my presence made them feel safe and loved.  I am always excited to see returning clients and new ones too.  Mom warns them that I like to smell their hair and feet, but she doesn’t know why.  I like to know where people have been and their shoes and feet can tell me that and smelling hair is another way to get to know them.  I also like to give kisses which mom does not want me to do, but some kids and parents like it just like me!  Lying across their laps on the love seat, getting petted and snuggling is wonderful.  I am going to miss that. 

Sometimes the little ones feel safer talking to me about their problems, feelings and fears rather than my mom.  This is okay with her because she says they just need to be heard and I’m a great listener, never interrupt and give them unconditional love.  That’s what dogs do; give love without judgment or any expectations.

Mom and I will miss all of you.  Those we have worked with as clients and CAC staff.  We’ll still be seeing kids in mom’s private practice, but it won’t be the same.  We just want to thank everyone for the opportunity to work with such wonderful kids, families and colleagues.  Take care of yourselves and know that the Children's Advocacy Center is here to help you with whatever problems you may encounter.  There are three great therapists at the center, who are there to help you.  Please don’t be afraid to call.  Until we meet again….

As Always,
Jack & Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment